Would it be possible to have the F# 4.0 bundle also install in VS2013 in addition to VS2015?

Nov 15, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Any reason why it wouldn't work?

Thanks,
Gustavo
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2014 at 7:12 PM
I'm afraid that previewing F# r.0 on VS 2013, is not planned. There is a lot of work involved in order to test and release each target platform. Given that Vs 2015 preview is freely available, it is more efficient for us to preview on that.

The VS F# Tools that are VS Addins are built and tested with VS 2015 toolsets, and reference VS 2015 assemblies, so they won't just work with VS 2015. Since it is open source and the open source code includes a VSIX build mechanism, you could always build it and test it for yourself. I'm not sure that we would take a PR to enable it, because It's not a scenario we want to build testing machinery for. We would rather spend our resources adding value to our mainline scenarios.

Does that make sense?

KEVIN
Nov 15, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Ok, makes sense. Do you also intend to have daily builds of the fsharp4 branch in addition to the master branch?

Thanks,
Gustavo
Coordinator
Nov 17, 2014 at 5:53 PM
There will be additional preview builds deployed on CodePlex, I am not sure that they will be released daily :-).